Sunday, December 25, 2011

~ Merry Christmas ~

Reflecting back on the year we've had, and I count my blessings!! Joe was able to take a new truck driving job with an incredible company. He was home every weekend and doing a job he completely loves!! I am still with the same Architect in Van Wert, which I love as well. It's close to home and the people I work for and with are such great people. Evan is in his second year at pre-school and is excelling at everything his teacher asks of him!! She said he will truly be missed next year when he goes to Kindergarden!! And Ella is in her first year at pre-school. She loves school (which was a blessing to Joe and I) and actually gets very upset if she's sick and cannot attend!! We were worried about her not liking school......that fear has gone!! :}

And just when the kids and I were 'hitting our groove' with Joe gone during the week and home on the weekends.......Joe got sick and was informed by DOT that he wouldn't be allowed to return to work for a minimum of 60 days from his first symptom free day......he'd already been off work 2 weeks at that point!! And of course this happened right at the beginning of Nov......so with Christmas looming, I was a little worried. Thank goodness for our Christmas Club! It's been an adjustment getting used to Joe being around again......but we're both very grateful that he's been around for the holidays. You're probably thinking I must be crazy for not being completely excited that Joe was going to be home for over 2 months......while I was excited, it was hard (for both of us) to get used to being around each other 24/7 again. But I'm always glad he's home and I know the kids LOVE having him here!!

And as we get ready for our last Christmas party today, I'm so grateful for my family. The kids are playing and enjoying all the new toys they got from Santa and from exchanges!! And I cherish the memories we're making!

Merry Christmas Everyone! And may your New Year be Blessed!!

A tradition of ours is to give the kids new pajama's on Christmas Eve before we head to Midnight Mass
They each got 4 new pairs.....we've been in need of new pj's for a while ;}
Getting way too big!!

No comments: