Monday, April 13, 2015

R.I.P. Brutus!!

Words can't describe how much I am going to miss my gentle giant!  Brutus was the best 'big' dog I have ever known.  Very kind to every human he ever met…..unless you were a stranger to me or his kids…..then you'd better stand still until he figured you out.  I couldn't have asked for a better protector of this house, especially when Joe was driving truck and it was just the kids and I.  He will be impossible to replace!

We lost Harley in late December, and I don't think Brutus every fully recovered from losing his best friend.  His body had been changing and he became less and less active.  So I took him to the vet to determine he had Heart Disease…….at the young age of 7.  He really was broken hearted!  

I still look for him and yell his name when I hear geese on the pond…..that was his favorite thing to do….chase geese off the pond.  And well, chase anything that flew overhead!  I sure hope Harley greeted him at the gates and they are both running as healthy as ever!!

Brutus: July 11, 2007 - April 3, 2015

Big Dog, Little Dog…..this picture makes me laugh!

This is the first day we brought Brutus (right) home….he was checking out Evan while Harley checked him out and watched over Evan…..Evan seems un-entertained!!  hahaha

Such a soft cuddly pup!  :}

LOL…..Evan thought he was sooo funny…..Brutus, not so much!  This was taken a day or two before we had Ella.

Always just resting his head on your lap to get attention.  He knew he was too big to actually sit on your lap…..so this was the next best thing for him!

The kids were having tons of fun blowing bubbles and watching Brutus attack them!!

Gentle Giant!!  Not sure how old Ella is here…..but obviously not very old.  And Brutus would just sit down beside her.  Precious!  (Ella's a little mad about her face in this picture, so don't mention I posted it here!!  ;} haha)

No comments: