Sunday, April 26, 2015

Meet Thor 'Flash' Elling

And then there was this guy……the newest addition to our family.  After we had to put Harley down in December, we had been contemplating getting another dog so Brutus wouldn't be alone.  But Brutus was never the greatest with other dogs, except for Harley……so I was very nervous about getting another dog.  But when we had to put down Brutus on April 3rd, Joe and the kids decided we needed another dog asap!!  I still wanted to wait, but I was out voted.  So we searched for breeders and found little Thor!!  And at 6 weeks young, he came home with us on April 4th.

Thor is a miniature pinscher (which is what Harley was), and his color is identical to the color of Brutus (who was a Doberman Pinscher)……so he's sort of perfect for us right now!!  Well, minus the puppy training…….I'm never far from paper towels and clorex wipes!!  It's a good thing he's adorable and cuddly and tiny and adorable……

The kids wanted to name him Flash when we brought him home, because he was so so fast…..but Joe and I weren't much into Flash…..so we settled on Flash as his middle name!!

Thor Flash Elling…..born February 15, 2015.

Tiny…..so.so.tiny…...

Thor is definitely Ella's puppy……if he has to choose between all of us, it's Ella!!

It's a miniature tennisball…..but I'm still impressed he could hold onto it!!

Attacker of dandelions…...



It's good to be King!

See what I mean about adorable…...

Poor guy had been attacking this snake all day……then he finally gave up!!  (of course this is a fake snake I keep in my flowerbed to keep birds away, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity when Thor decided to nap in the mulch!!)

He's slowly getting bigger…..



No comments: