Monday, June 09, 2014

Meet Jack

Ella has started horse riding lessons!!  And so far she is loving it……of course!!  What little girl wouldn't??!!??  I love watching her during her lesson, and this week I decided to follow her through her routine and snap some pictures!!  She's totally in her element……just needs to talk daddy into getting her one of her own now!!

First you have to brush Jack.






Then time to saddle him up.




Then off to the arena.



Evan looking on.


This sign makes me laugh every time!!

2 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Oh my goodness- how exciting! I owned a horse when I was 18 for about 6 months-...:-(. Could not afford the boarding and had to sell. Come Joe- get her a quarter horse!! What a lucky little girl! We are making plans now for a trip to a dude ranch in Montana for a week- can't wait! Great pictures!

Elling Family said...

As long as Ella sticks with this training and does well, I believe Joe will get her a horse of her own. She's went through 3 sessions so far, and the trainer says she's doing very good. Next week the trainer will take the lead off and let Ella ride on her own……not sure if this is typical……but the trainer has faith in her!! I don't know the first thing about horses, but if Ella is willing to put in the time, then I would love to see her excel at it!! Lucky girl for sure!!

And to be fair…….we have asked Evan if he wants to do it too……his response, 'I have too many other things on my hands right now!' hahaha He's not our risk taker!!