Tuesday, July 09, 2013

To Connecticut We Go......

I now have one happy hubby........back in April we took a weekend road trip to pick up Joe's (new to him) Harley!!  WAY back in the day when we were dating (then into our engagement) Joe owned a Softail Deuce Harley Davidson......when we got married Joe traded it in for a cruiser so I could ride more comfortably.  Such a tough decision for him considering how much he LOVED his Deuce!!  We had since sold the cruiser when it was parked more than it was ridden..........and Joe has always wanted his Deuce back.

So after some ebay searching he found the perfect bike!  It's pretty much exactly like the one he owned so long ago.  So we made the decision to get it before it was gone.  Really I made him get it because he does SO much for this family I will never be able to repay him or thank him enough!!  So this was my treat to him.......so basically I did the bidding for him!!  I think he pretty much got sick when I told him we had won.  He didn't think it was possible!!  :}

So we planned a quick road trip to Connecticut (without kids) to pick it up!!  The guy we bought it from couldn't have been more pleasant.  We even swapped pipes with him on the spot when he made the comment about not liking the straight pipes he had on another bike sitting in his garage.  So Joe (not wanting the turned down pipes on the one we bought) jumped all over the opportunity to call it an even trade!!  Since Joe was already pricing new straight pipes, and this guy was also looking to buy turned down pipes for his bike........it was a match made in heaven!!

Such a fun road trip.  I just sat back and enjoyed the scenery!!  It pays to have a professional driver take me across the country!!  We didn't use the map until we got into this guys neighborhood!!  Joe's my human atlas!!  haha

The picture I sent to Joe the morning the bid was closing.......as a friendly reminder of course!!  (I'm kind of evil like that!!)

Such beautiful scenery......

I didn't have a good picture of the Pennsylvania sign  :{



This Pete had been following us for a while........the truck Joe would love to own some day!!

This is it.......with the pipes Joe wanted already on and ready to come home with us!!

Breath Taking




Frost covered after a chilly night......good thing Joe didn't decide to ride it home.  It was cold!!


Love this man!!

The kids were pretty excited to see daddy's new bike!!  It's still in the back of the truck here!! haha
 

Then they rode up the lane with him!!  :}  Love this picture of my family!!


No comments: