Sunday, October 10, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

my goodness it was HOT!! We went out to the campground (where our sitter camps) to partake in the trick-or-treating festivities. The kids always have fun and we only make it through about two aisles before they are tired of walking!! :) This year I wanted them to be Woody and Jessie because they absolutely LOVE the toy story movies. But unfortunately for me I let too much time pass and before I realized it, it was the end of September.....and because I always want my mom to make their costumes, I was outta luck. She's in her busiest time of the year right now with harvest.......so I couldn't expect her to produce two costumes before halloween. :(

I was very distraught that I actually had to go buy costumes from the store. I know this sounds very trivial to most people, but I really enjoy being able to say that my talented mom made the costumes my kids wear......plus since I can remember my mom has always made all of our (my siblings and I) costumes. So my procrastination/slacking bit me in the *ss this year! Maybe next year I'll plan a little earlier!!

So here are our store-bought outfits......that actually turned out looking very cute!!
We went with Corbin (Shana's), Mae (Jess's) and Hadley (Jac's)....Gweny and Mason didn't make the photo....
Corbin
Gweny
Mae
Kurt.....our sitter's kid
Garrett......friend from the sitter








No comments: