Tuesday, February 01, 2011

We Keep On Truckin ;)

So it's been a little over 6 months since Joe started his new job. And I'm still here.....and still 'sane'!! :-} Life has definitely been different, but we've managed. It's funny how I REALLY notice truck drivers now. I find myself wondering if the ones I pass on the highway are missing their families like we're missing and being missed too. And it was really heartbreaking over the holidays to notice the truck drivers that were still on the road and not home with their families. (Yes, Joe was able to be home over both holidays!!) Especially when we were heading to midnight mass and some were still working.........funny the things you relate to when your life changes!!

Joe and I are very fortunate to have such wonderful and supportive families and friends that live close by that we can rely on for help when we need it. No amount of Thank You's could ever express how grateful we are for everyone's help. Especially Joe's mom and dad. They help me every day with the kids and I couldn't be more thankful!!

Joe is currently finishing up his training for a new job!! One that we are VERY thankful for....still will be driving truck, but with a MUCH better company. He will be able to be home every weekend, and for that I am very excited!!! :} :} Joe has really enjoyed his new job. And I'm pretty sure he's probably the best truck driver ever!!

I miss him like crazy every day and the kids are always so excited when they find out he'll be coming home!! And on an evening like tonight.......with the great 2011 blizzard looming......I really miss him! I know he really wants to be here to make sure everything is ok, but that wasn't in His plan. So I guess I've gotta step up and figure out this 'guy' stuff. Furnace: check (Joe's dad stopped over tonight and hooked up the furnace so that I'll be able to run it with the generator if necessary), Flashlights: check, Candles: check, Water stocked: check, Fridge stocked: check, Extension cords on stand-by: check. I've got this.....I've got this!!

Enjoy the few pictures I snapped tonight of Ella's new big girl bed!!!! Which was then 'visited' by some fairies!! :) And yes, one of these days we'll get the rails.

No comments: